All on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, all non-life-threatening injuries:
- #42: Argued about wedding color scheme (stabbed)
- #43: Argued over apple fritters (stabbed)
- #44: Argued about location of the Big Dipper (stabbed)
- #45: Turned off the Crock-Pot (choked & stabbed)
- #46: Came home without beer (stabbed with sharp ears of ceramic squirrel)
In a related story (via NTDW Arbroath), it appears that the people of Chumbivillcas, Peru have independently invented Festivus:
Instead of gifts and hugs, they hope to resolve the problems that arose throughout the year [by fighting] with bare fists…. The people upset with each other give a call out to the other person to be present and to resolve the issue with fists. At the end, they put the problems aside as resolved and begin the new year fresh and unencumbered.